[Kde-announce-apps] KTrafficAnalyzer 0.3.3

Wolfgang Koller viras at suselinuxsupport.de
Tue May 16 15:02:37 CEST 2006

Name: KTrafficAnalyzer
Version: 0.3.3
Type: Networking Tool
Depend: KDE 3.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.suselinuxsupport.de/

 KTrafficAnalyzer is meant to provide visual
feedback of your current network traffic, similar
to tools like DU-Meter. In addition it provides
statistics with total down- and upload sums.

Of course feedback is more than welcome. There is
still more than enough room for improvements. Also
checkout the TODO file what I'm already planning -
maybe you have ideas what I can add or what might
be useful too!

For instructions on how to compile / install it
please read the INSTALL file included in the
archive.

Thanks to Pascal Blesser for creating the RPMs!
I'm btw still looking for people creating RPMs for
various systems - please let me know if you want
to do that!

Changelog:
 v0.3.3:
=====
- KTA now has a SysTray-Icon and so can be
minimized to the SysTray
- SysTray context-Menu has now entries for Stats
and Settings
- KTA can now be configured to remember position
- KTA can now be configured to remember size
- KTA can now be configured to stay always on top
- KTA can now be configured to have no border
- Improved the Makefile to use kde-config --prefix

v0.3.2:
=======
- It's now possible to set the monitoring-time (so
the time from one end of
  the graph to the other end)
- Now a link from ktrafficanalyzer to
KTrafficAnalyzer is generated, makes
  it easier to find the executeable :)
- Seperated the interface handling from the
display, this makes handling a
  lot easier

v0.3.1:
=======
- The maximum value is now displayed in the
upper-left corner of the graph
- Stats now can be reset
- When opening the stats window now automatically
the current entry is shown
- It's now possible to export the stats into a csv
(comma seperated) file
- Added monthly stats
- Added totals (so upload + download traffic
combined)

v0.3.0:
=======
- Fixed a bug when compiling the program on a
system where libraries and
  headers are stored in different directories
(thanks to Jan for pointing
  it out)
- Added a small about dialog
- Now KTA checks if /proc/net/dev is really
readable, else it exits
- Fonts can now be configured (for both menu-bar
and status-bar)
- Added an Exit button in the menu-bar
- Now only the current date field in the stats
dialog is updated, rather
  than the whole stats list (avoids flickering)

v0.2.0:
=======
- Added uninstall flag for make (make uninstall)
- Added install flag for make (make install)
- Fixed formatting issue with stats (numbers
displayed in exponential form)
- Added Stats-Dialog (now Download / Upload stats
are recorded)
- Added Config-Dialog according to the KConfig
standard
- Cleaned up the code
- Restructured the code
- Converted to make compile (created Makefiles and
removed compile script)
- Fixed draw function (removed rounding errors)