[Kde-announce-apps] KAlgebra 0.5

Aleix Pol aleixpol at gmail.com
Mon May 1 18:58:43 CEST 2006

Name: KAlgebra
Version: 0.5
Type: Education
Depend: KDE 3.3.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://kalgebra.berlios.de

 KAlgebra is a MathML-based graph calculator.
Besides it was initially mathml oriented now it
can be used by everyone with little mathematic
knowledge.

At this moment, I'd like to thank all the people
who has encouraged me to keep on KAlgebra by
packaging, translating or even using it. Lots of
thanks!

Changelog:
 * ExpressionEdit improved in many ways:
        - History added
        - Highlighting for MathML added
        - Toggling between MathML-mode and
Expression-mode enabled
        - Can tell if we are writing into a
function (operator or ci) so we can help the user
a bit (for the moment)
* GUI a bit remade, no more MathML or expression
tab, everything goes into ExpressionEdit, can
change with shift+TAB
* Variable edition dialog added. Useless but looks
nice :)
* divide operators fixed (divide, quotient, rem,
factorof)
* approx added
* Expression to MathML compiler optimized. Some
operators treated as n-ary instead of binary
* Simplification option added (F2)
* Fixed PowerPC error, now should behave fine
* Function support added
-----
* Last source .tar package was wrong. Fixed it.
* Two 2D Graph bugs solved.
-----
* Syntax Highlighting Added
* Improved console
* Representation issues fixed (declare and errors)
* Added sum operator
* Smoother 2D Graphs
* New 2D Graph Cursor
* Can't add wrong 2D graph
* French translation added (by E. Marquez)
-----
* Calculation speed improved
* <lambda /> support
* Error detection improved
* 2D Graph optimized (improved memory management
and add function dialog)
* x=f(y) Graphs supported
* 3D Graph rotation options improved (mouse
dragging added and can press more than 1 key at
the same time)
* Changed operation QLineEdit by a QComboBox so we
can access to last operations
* Catalan translation added
* Portuguese translation added (thanks to Sara
Carvalho)
* PI value fixed (thanks to jwork123nl)
* Now should work on other distros (aka gentoo and
mandriva)
* Packages updated
-----
* Fixed unary minus-related bug
* Fixed abs() bug
* Added Breezy and Sarge package (thanks to
kjuanlu)
* Added Klik package (thanks to probono)
-----
* Added DCOP Support
* 2D Graph bugfixes
-----
* 2D Graph fully reviewed
   - Simultaneous 2D graph
   - Zooming
   - Speed optimizations
* Improved usability
* Set KAlgebra web when opening (will be probably
removed)
* 3D Graph Scaling with Q and E. Very
experimental, quite useless and dangerous :P.
-----
* New List with calculator variables and its
values
* 2D Graph improved in many ways
* Variables support improved
* "ans" variable added
* Save Log option added
-----
* Fixed some console issues related on unary
minus.
* Improved representation in console.
* Fixed Makefile.am. No more ld errors
-----
* A few improvements on 2D Graph
* Fixed output expression error. Expression are no
longer full of () when not necessary.
* Some 3DGraph eye-candy