[Kde-announce-apps] Knamer 0.9

Parker Coates Parker.Coates at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 01:20:32 CEST 2006

Name: Knamer
Version: 0.9
Type: Kommander Script
Depend: Kommander
License: GPL
Homepage:

 Knamer is a simple little utility for batch
renaming files.

At first, I wrote Knamer to meet my own needs,
which were mostly renaming photographs and TV
episodes. Later it expanded to include more and
more features that hopefully others will find
useful. Believe it or not, I had Knamer half
written before I even discovered Krename. Had I
found it earlier, I probably wouldn't have
bothered.

Most information you could want is included in the
README. I also included a directory of test files
for you to play around with if you'd rather not
mess with your own files at first.

In my experience, Knamer has proved quite stable,
usually only encountering problems on files with
tricky characters in the name. If things should
prove otherwise on your system, please let me
know. If a particular filename (old or new) is
causing trouble, please email me the exact details
and I'll see if I can get it fixed.

Enjoy.