[Kde-announce-apps] Freehand Gestures 0.3.3

Nikolaj Nielsen nhnFreespirit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 10:49:40 CET 2006

Name: Freehand Gestures
Version: 0.3.3
Type: Other Software
Depend: KDE 3.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mouse-gestures/

 Here is another preview of my gesture recognition
program for KDE.

Freehand Gestures allows you to open applications
using pure, always active, multi level, mouse
gestures not involving ANY keypresses at all. It
works on top of other applications and does not
interrupt their focus, displaying actions and
states in an on screen display.

The gestures dont care how small or big they are
drawn on the screen. However, the way they are
drawn DOES matter.

Installation:

go to download directory

tar -xvf gesture-0.3.tar.gz
cd gesture
./configure
make
make install (Must be run as root)

if ./configure fails, try adding
--prefix=/usr/kde/3.4/ with your correct kde
version number (eg. ./configure
--prefix=/usr/kde/3.4/)

Run the program by simply typing gesture

The first time the program is run, it copies the
default configuration file to
~/.kde/share/apps/gesture

There is now no need to manually edit this file as
version 0.3.3 includes a buildt in state and
action editor. Right click the tray icon and
select config.

If anybody is interested in helping out with this
project or have any suggestions, let me know!

Freespirit

Changelog:
 Changes in 0.3.3

Added gui state and action editor

Preperations for future features

Bugfixes, especially one very nasty missing
invlyde file that only made the build fail on sone
systems

Changes in 0.3:

Now runs as a tray icon
Easily arm/disarm gesture recognition by clicking
on tray icon
Tray icon context menu
Display global gestures
Installable!!