[Kde-announce-apps] KMail Tagging Patch 0.2.5

Ismail Onur Filiz onurf at su.sabanciuniv.edu
Sat Mar 11 11:53:03 CET 2006

Name: KMail Tagging Patch
Version: 0.2.5
Type: KDE Improvement
Depend: KDE 3.5.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
http://ieor.berkeley.edu/~onurf/miscellaneous.html

 I decided to finally publicize this patch a bit
more, since I am using it and am quite happy. This
is a patch on top of the KDE 3.5.1 code for KMail.
It introduces custom tagging support for emails.
Since KDE is in feature freeze, I decided to
maintain it as a patch until a merge into the next
version is viable.

Here is what the patch adds:
* Ability to tag emails (with possibly more than
one tag)
* Changing the appearance of message headers (font
and text color) according to the message's tags.
* Configuration of tags through a new tab called
"Message Tags" on the "Configure
KMail->Appearance" configuration page.
* You can add toolbar buttons for easy tagging.
* You can assign shortcuts to tags.
* Tagging through the right-click menu.
* Quick filtering using the combobox for "status"
filtering. See the screenshot.

For bugs and problems, feel free to send an email.

Disclaimer: This patch is still in experimental
state. So before trying, it is strongly advised
that you backup your emails and settings. (
usually in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail and
~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc )