[Kde-announce-apps] Su-per-Doku 2.1

Matt Matt dmbkiwi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 08:25:30 CET 2006

Name: Su-per-Doku
Version: 2.1
Type: Tactics & Strategy Game
Depend:
License: GPL
Homepage: http://liquidweather.net

 I was thinking about the lack of games that have
been written using superkaramba (I think this is
the first). I\'ve always found sudoku an addictive
puzzle game, and always wanted to write one, so I
could play it when I wanted instead of waiting for
the paper to arrive. So here it is; a sudoku game
for superkaramba.

Features:

- Generates its own 9x3x3 puzzles;
- Four levels of difficulty;
- Toggle hints on/off;
- Enter and display possible candidates for cells;
- Auto-solve;
- Status messages to let you know what's going on;
- Auto-save on every move and auto-restore on
restart.

Please read the user guide on the download page.
Have fun. If you find any bugs, or want any
features, please post to my forums (see link
below).

Changelog:
 2.1

Fixed persistent notes issue on creating a new
game.

2.0

I've changed the puzzle generator and solver. I've
borrowed these from python sudoku
(http://pythonsudoku.sourceforge.net). This
provides a faster and more robust generator. It
also means that the difficulty levels mean
something. Previously, there wasn't much
difference between the difficulty levels. Now
there's a clear difference.

1.1

This version brings some new features, interface
enhancements and bug fixes:

* Your game is now saved every time you make a
move. So if you turn off Su-per-Doku half way
through a game, it will be restored exactly as you
left it the next time you start Su-per-Doku;

* Numbers entered into a cell are now green. They
will turn red once you press enter. This means
that you can tell at a glance whether you've
entered a number into the puzzle properly. Any
green numbers are not entered properly;

* Numbers deleted from a cell are deleted out of
the puzzle's progress counter. Previously, these
were not deleted, and you could have the strange
situation where the puzzle was solved, even though
some boxes appeared to be empty (because you'd
deleted the number, but the puzzle still thought
the cell was filled correctly).

1.0

First release.