[Kde-announce-apps] Kopete Now Listening for Amarok 0.1.3.2

Akhmad Fathonih akhmadf at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 12:36:42 CEST 2006

Name: Kopete Now Listening for Amarok
Version: 0.1.3.2
Type: amaroK Script
Depend: KDE 3.5.x

 What I did is putting together all the
contributed script on my blog and put it as an
amarok script.
This script will update your Kopete status to
"Amarok is playing title -artist", and set your
global photo to current album cover.

Thanks to:
* Bona
* Gustavo
* All comments submitter on my blog

Blog entry:
http://blog.neofreko.com/index.php/2005/06/29/kopete-now-listening-plugin/#comments

Changelog:
 2006/6/10:
The "Kopete: command not found" keep on coming,
again. This time I see it on amarok 1.4-svn. Seems
to be related to the echo commands all over the
script which doesn't have its output redirected to
a file. I redirected all echo's output to
~/log.txt and the error mesage is gone. Yay! ^ ^

2006/4/14:
I finally found out what everyone had been talking
about. There _was_ some error within the
kopete-amarok-status.sh. Missing quotes to be
exact. Thus, it would spew "Kopete comamnd not
found" error.

I was using half this script and half the
functionality of native Nowlistening plugin of
kopete 0.12. Thus I've never realized that I have
had error in my script. I guess this explain a lot
why my kopete avatar has never changed :D. Shame
on me!! Forgive my silliness.

2006/3/29:
Added option for set away message and set album
cover as avatar

2006/1/12:
Added configuration dialog via Kommander includes:
custom prefix status and "mark as away" option.
Notice that you'll be needing Kommander for this
(no biggie if you have installed Quanta as it's
included)

2006/1/9:
fixed bug: script stopped when trying to excecute
external script (kopete-amarok-status.sh)

2006/1/8:
fixed quote bug, affect cover image path
containing space