[Kde-announce-apps] dslKonnector 0.1

Donatas Glodenis dgvirtual at akl.lt
Sun Jul 9 08:30:12 CEST 2006

Name: dslKonnector
Version: 0.1
Type: Kommander Script
Depend: Kommander
License: GPL
Homepage:

 Kommander script to start, stop, restart DSL
connection (ppp over ethernet), using tools "pon
dsl-provider"  and “poff dsl-provider". To use
it you will need to have  superuser privileges. It
does not configure dsl connection, so you will
have to setup it using tool "pppoeconf".

I created this script because there was no
graphical way to control dsl connection in Kubuntu
Dapper, and I needed it sometimes, since some
dynamic IP's my wife would receive from our ISP
would be blocked from my IRC network.

Would that kind of app be needed? If so, how do I
improve it? Suggestions welcome!