[Kde-announce-apps] peagle 0.1.0

Martin Eitzenberger martin at psiplus.at
Sun Apr 23 17:19:36 CEST 2006

Name: peagle
Version: 0.1.0
Type: Web Application
Depend:
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.psiplus.at

 Peagle is a Web-Frontend for the
Beagle-Search-Engine with the look and feel from
known web search engines.

It requires PHP 4.3 (with gd and posix-modules) or
higher, a Webserver and Beagle 0.2 or higher to
run. A preferred configuration is Apache running
as the prefered user or with suexec-php.

Currently it supports linking the results directly
or running them using KDE-Helpers (kfmclient)...
It would be easy to implement the same feature for
other desktop-environments.

It's in an early developement-state, and everyone
is welcome to improve it! Just contact me, if you
have ideas or want to release it on your own.

I don't know if I have the time to continue
developement - therefore, if you are interested in
spawning / continuing Peagle, just do it :-)

Have Fun!
Martin