Actually running stuff on android...

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Mar 11 17:33:24 GMT 2022

Hi,

slowly I'm getting somewhere.
I have created an apk from my Qt example, and I have installed it onto my tablet using
"adb install <path-to_apk>".
I can start it from the GUI and something happens (it crashes, but Ok), and I figured how
to start it from the "shell" via "adb shell":
"am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n org.qtproject.example/
org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivity"

I found that I can see stuff using logcat in the am shell.

Now, where does the name org.qtproject.example/
org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivity come from (from Manifest.xml), but how do I
set this to something else ?

And, is it actually possible to simple put some executable with GUI on the android device
and start it in some way via am shell ? Maybe using "adb push" ? Where would I put it in
the Android filesystem ?

Thanks for any pointers
Alex