Qt 5.13

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri May 24 15:45:05 BST 2019

On Friday, 17 May 2019 00:50:34 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hey,
> A newer Qt version is nearing and I thought it could be useful to be
> able to test your stuff on it.
> I just uploaded it to apol/asdk5.13.
>
> I just tested it still properly builds apks, didn't even test them, so
> use with caution.
>
> Was thinking of putting it into a git branch but I'm not sure it's
> worth it, it's a matter of using on the Dockerfile the following
> values:

Right, I think it makes a lot of sense for us to switch to 5.13 as soon as
it's officially released. It brings support for directly reading Android
content: URLs with QFile, which avoids having to special-case Android and
write Java code for opening files, which we currently have in a few places.

Regards,
Volker