The Play store 64bit requirement

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Fri Jul 26 11:24:50 BST 2019

On Friday, 26 July 2019 10:56:48 BST Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen
>
> <admin at leinir.dk> wrote:
> > Hey everybody :)
> >
> >   With the many warning email being sent out from the Play store about
> >
> > requiring 64bit APKs for updates in a few days[1], i was wondering if this
> > is something that anybody's had time/energy to look into for the android
> > build docker?
> >
> > [1]
> > https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2019/01/get-your-apps-ready-for
> > -64-bit.html
> Hi,
> Yes, we should look into this but I haven't had the time.
>
> I'm wondering if it would make most sense to have another Dockerfile for
> 64bits:
> https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-tooling.git/tree/system-images/android/sdk
> /Dockerfile
>
> Then we'd have separate images building the same apks side-by-side
> which is what Google Play seems to want right now.

  That does seem like it would probably be the most straightforward way to do
this, rather than try and create those dual-mode apks i can't remember the
name of which contain both 32 and 64 bit binaries... and yeah, also seems like
it's what they actually want from us :)

--
..dan / leinir..
http://leinir.dk/