KStars build failure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Aug 5 07:40:44 BST 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 2:34 PM Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,

Hi Jasem,

> Looks like the problems in compiling KStars on Android were recently fixed by a PR. However, now the build process is failing elsewhere:
>
> https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KStars_android/406/
>
> Any ideas what is causing this?

I've traced this down to the Android SDK expecting/requiring the
~/.profile file to be loaded in order to setup the environment.

When Jenkins launches a container and then connects via SSH this
doesn't happen because it runs the Jenkins agent command directly -
and doesn't invoke a login shell as a result. We worked around this
for 32-bit launches by forcing the Jenkins launch process to prepend
"bash --login -c" to it's launch command.

I've now applied that workaround to the 64-bit builds as well and have
started all the builds again and it appears to have solved the issue.

As a side note, at the moment Android builds are highly dependent on
Java tooling being able to fetch a number of dependencies as part of
each build (which places load on outside parties, and makes them a
point of failure that can break our builds). A number of the rebuilds
I started fell over due to this. Do we have any options for caching
these artifacts to minimize the load and dependence we have on outside
systems for our builds?

Cheers,
Ben