Using Early Access?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Sep 28 14:47:56 BST 2018

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 1:24 AM Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> When comparing the Android applications in the binary factory with those on the Play Store, I notice that some really cool apps are still missing on the store.
> I suppose for most of them the reason is that they're not yet ready for a 1.0 release.
> That's fine, of course, but I wonder if it could make sense to register some of them with Google Early Access to get them out into more users' hands so they can provide feedback on them?
> Cheers,
> Thomas

Hi Thomas, good point.

The idea there was to use the F-Droid repository, which isn't working
that well because of a bug in F-Droid. It should be fixed but somebody
needs to find the time to do so.

Putting it on Google Early Access or something would be a possibility
too, but I'd prefer if somebody took responsibility for any of the
applications and push for it. I don't want to do it blindly.

Aleix