KFileMetaData and API level requirement

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Mon May 8 10:08:32 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am trying to use KFileMetaData on Android. Currently, it requires API level
21. My current phone is Android 4.4. This means I cannot use it to test my
application. Not good for me.

As I see it, there is two strategies:
* doing nothing and keeping the current requirement on API level 21 and having
always built in the support for extended attributes (mainly used to have
generic ratings and comments on any file) not necessarilly well integrated
outise Plasma desktop ;
* making the dependency on extended attributes optional and pushing current
extractors to support audio rating tags for file format having it. On Plasma,
we could keep doing like now.

What is your advice ?

Best regards