Ki18n Framework on Android

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Jan 20 09:17:03 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr
<cordlandwehr at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi, has anyone experience with compiling Ki18n for Android? I am wondering
> what the best approach is to use gettext and libintl, which are only shipped
> in a stripped down version with Android but are required for this framework.
>
> From the KF5-based Android projects, at least for KAlgebra it seems to me that
> it is compiled with Ki18n support.

Hi Andreas!
Really good you bring that up!

I haven't been using it so far, I have in my todo list to look into
libintl-lite [1] and see if Ki18n can be built with it, but I never
got around to it.

Would be awesome if you can look into it :D

Aleix

[1] https://github.com/j-jorge/libintl-lite