preferred method for localization

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Aug 8 16:46:57 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 7:39 AM, Matthieu Gallien
<matthieu_gallien at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on an application intended to target both Android and classic
> desktop environment (at least Plasma and maybe Windows).
>
> I would like to know what is the best solution from your point of view for
> localization. As I see, I have two choices :
> * KDeclarative and i18n methods
> * the Qt methods
>
> Thanks in advance for any tips
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Matthieu Gallien

In KAlgebra we use KI18n directly through KLocalizedContext [1]. Maybe
that solves the problem for you. IMHO KDeclarative is a dependency
mess nowadays to stuff into Android applications.

Aleix

[1] https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kalgebra.git&a=blob&h=536eb6774d792271e61c0c3007a8e3136fc296a0&hb=8f585b2f6f2a598b00602b17411cedd25f17858d&f=mobile%2Fmain.cpp
line 60