experiment: cmake macro to extract and package breeze icons for use in kirigami applications

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:05:04 UTC 2016

Hi all,
a problem i'm getting in order to make a reasonably multiplatform application
I don't think would be a good thing to package the whole breeze icon set for
each application (storage required for a simple app is ridiculous already)
I tried the approach of doing a cmake function that downloads the breeze repo
and searches the icon names passed as parameter

you would still have to have a list of all icons used in the project in the
cmake file, so it's error prone, but the only alternative would be trying to
parse the cmake files for icons used, and that is nooot going to work :)

(the target would be having this cmake working on devel machines windows/mac
as well, so not sure something prettier as a script either
shell/python/whatever would be a good choice)

if somebody wants to give it a spin, is the file KF5KirigamiMacros.cmake in the
kirigami repo.
The quality of the cmake code is horrible (it actually clones the repo two
times :/) so if someone with good cmake-fu can take a look, would be nice :)

may be a good approach? or we would have to look in another direction?

--
Marco Martin