New KAlgebra and Material Design on KDE Android apps

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Oct 29 01:57:01 UTC 2015

Hi,
I've been trying to get ready a new version of KAlgebra for Android
[1]. The special thing about the new version that I think you might be
interested in is that instead of just using QtQuick Controls, it uses
QML Material [2] (author in CC), a set of QQC components that are just
written in QML but are designed to look as Material Design dictates
[3].

Personally, I couldn't be happier, it finally brings the Material look
we were missing. I still think I could improve a bit in the app side,
but I think it's quite promising. I'd recommend other applications to
take a look and consider using it.

Anyway, please take a look and tell me what you think. Cool new
feature in KAlgebra is also 3D plotting. Enjoy!

Aleix

[1] http://proli.net/meu/kalgebra/QtApp-debug.apk
[2] https://github.com/papyros/qml-material
[3] https://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html