supplementary-reader: text reader script

forrest hilton forrestmhilton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:56:43 GMT 2022

Hello,

I have recently written a small script
<https://github.com/ForrestHilton/supplementary-reader/> that provides text
reader functionality. I will refrain from pasting the entire README, but
what makes this different from things discussed in this list is 1) the
keyboard shortcuts are available across the desktop 2) the program never
provides a window or takes up any screen space 3) the program can work on
images and pdfs 4) this is a text reader as opposed to a screen reader.

I've just today joined this mailing list and only skimmed the archives. Is
there an application that already provides this functionality? Is there a
larger project that I can add this functionality to? I might be willing to
rewrite the whole thing in another programming language if there is a
reason.

I am aware of a few sloppy things in this script but it works for now.