How to configure Qtspeech - actually configuring speech-dispatcher

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Sat Sep 28 15:34:46 BST 2019

Hi Simion,

I hadn't thought of queueing the jobs. Jovie did that and had a complex
user interface for cancelling jobs and moving to the next job, etc.
Speech-dispatcher supports that, but I don't want to make the user
interface too complex. I'll take a look at how QtSpeech's speech-dispatcher
plugin sets things up. If I remember right there are different modes
speech-dispatcher can use, read directly where everything is spoken
immediately, or queue where new jobs go to the end of the line. I think
most other platforms just speak everything directly (the android, windows
and macos qtspeech plugins) if so and if we want to add queueing to klipper
we'll likely need QtSpeech to expose the mode switching ability (and do
nothing on the platforms that don't support it) and use it in klipper.

BR,
Jeremy