How to configure Qtspeech - definitely moving forward!

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Wed Sep 25 02:36:04 BST 2019

Ok, another update. I found the QtSpeech linux version randomly selects a
plugin, but if told a specific plugin to use happily uses that every time.
So I updated my okular patch to add an okular configuration setting on the
Accessibility page to let you select the speech engine with the default
being speech-dispatcher. Hopefully this okular patch will make it into the
next release (just missed Applications 19.08 though, so it will be in 19.12
or whatnot. I'm hoping to have klipper changes in place for plasma's next
minor release also. Will get that started shortly.

Jeremy