KTTS accessibility

Simion simion314 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:33:05 BST 2019

Hi Bob,
I have similar issues as you, my suggestion is to use Jovie it has tray
icon  with menus and you can and should setup keyboard shortcuts.
Then even when in browsers you just do a Select text,Ctrl+C  and then
press my Speeck clipboard button.

About browser extensions, browsers have the ability to speak text
without an internet connection , the issue I had was making the browser
connect/detect my espeak so there should be extensions that do not
connect to Google, I personalty prefer  to keep the number of extensions
to minimum and I send everything trough Jovie.  What an extension could
do is for example when you want to read a reddit thread to remove all
the "reply,report,save" text after each comment , it did not bother me
enough to do it so far.

A bit offtopic, is there a community place where we could discuss this
kind of project that are related with TTS but not KDE specific?
We could share our setup , tricks, scripts we use , for example I
patched Open Morowind to have it  read the dialogs and books, I made a
script for RPG Maker games that run in browser to read the text to me
I have a script that can try to OCR text from other games but all this
are hacks/not polished and are not for general use. This days I am
thinking if I could somehow inject something into DirectX games and
intercept the text drawing code and have it it sent to  a script to be read.