Accessibility in Plasmas new notification system

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Wed Jun 19 21:35:13 BST 2019

On torsdag 6. juni 2019 13.55.49 CEST Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> chrys at linux-a11y.org, le jeu. 06 juin 2019 13:45:14 +0200, a ecrit:
> > maybe a nice side notice for you (and others). We currently work on an
> > accessibility HIG for KDE.
> > https://hig.kde.org/accessibility/index.html
>
> I have now added it to the list:
> https://wiki.freedesktop.org/www/Accessibility/
>
> > Still a WIP, but if someone wants to add some good content just contact
> > me.
> > It should contain:
> > - Keyboard navigation
> > - Focus handling
> > - Set A11y Lables/ Descriptions/ roles
> > - howto test for good a11y
>
> You can probably get inspiration from the gnome accessibility devel
> guide
> https://developer.gnome.org/accessibility-devel-guide/3.32/accessibility-dev
> el-guide.html

That sounds like a good idea. I hope we can keep the information mostly in the
general guidelines though without needing too much separate information which
is easy to miss.
Luckily most things will just work when the general design is good (e.g.
keyboard accessible). The last small finishing touches can then usually be
applied easily.

Cheers,
Frederik