Accessibility in Plasmas new notification system

chrys at linux-a11y.org chrys at linux-a11y.org
Thu Jun 6 12:45:14 BST 2019

Howdy Joanie,

I just give an talk to kbroulik ( the creator of Plasmas new awsome
notification system).
see here:
https://blog.broulik.de/2019/05/next-generation-plasma-notifications/

He told me that accessibility is not yet implemented. But I see
notifications are an very importaint part of an desktop system.
Problem for make it accessible is, that it currently doesnt get the
focus at any time.
Is there a best practice to implement this?
how does gnome do this? how is orca awaiting for incomming
notifications? do you know how we can make this happen?
Sorry for bother you with so basic stuff but you are the only one
person I know what can answer those issues properly.

maybe a nice side notice for you (and others). We currently work on an
accessibility HIG for KDE.
https://hig.kde.org/accessibility/index.html
Still a WIP, but if someone wants to add some good content just contact me.
It should contain:
- Keyboard navigation
- Focus handling
- Set A11y Lables/ Descriptions/ roles