Status Accessibility Week 44

chrys chrys at linux-a11y.org
Wed Oct 31 22:52:16 GMT 2018

Howdy List,

Yes :) i did not give up yet and do not give up in near future. So don't
worry here :)!!!111
I made myself a task to inform you periodical to the state of our a11y
efforts. (maybe once per week or so)

1. I have an KDE developer account know!! YAY :). But i promise to not
do anything with it until my mentor federik allow me to do so. I want to
do the a11y development for a longer time and wont stop tomorrow doing
that (for personal reasons). I swear :)!!!!111
2. I polished some stuff on my patch to fix the tab-bar of "dash"
starting menu to make the fix more logical (thanks to federik for any
suggestions)
3. I learned: most of the issues are not mostly related to missing a11y
labels like it was for the desktop(this is easy to patch), but the focus
and keyboard navigation needs most of work.
4. we need some general implementation guidelines for keyboard
navigation and focus handling for plasma (KDE?) at all. like noted here:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T9878#165110
we need some public discussion here. not sure where is the right place.
5. we have some ongoing discussion about the most important part; the
task switcher. Thanks to all here!
6. i also did not idle: i have the first, "one and only" inital
accessible version of kickoff (the default start menu) on my computer!!
it is still not free on bugs, and federik would kill me ;) if i would
send this as final solution, but it works!
BUT it also means that i figured what to do. i will fix the bugs, clean
the patch (code) up and send it in.

start menus.

HELP WANTED:
1. i need some native english speaker :) to support me with the wiki
2. i don't own an blog (yea i don't  lol). is there someone out there
what want to blog for me to spread the information to the planet.kde.org
and the world? a11y needs more attention, for our KDE reasons... yea...
but overall YES!

so let me know if you want to help out here! plz :) don't let me hang on
alone! i bet on you!

@federik about this:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T9878#165110
yea would be definitive good. mumble? IRC? what native speaker are you
:)? when do you have time to give a talk to me? I can not wait to meet
you. special thanks from my side for your help!
from my side: i m from Germany, so i speak german best. you can find me
on (IRC) irc.linux-a11y.org (mostly 24/7). I have 4 days off now. so i
will be mostly flexible here (not on Friday).

Thanks!

cheers chrys