Status update

chrys at linux-a11y.org chrys at linux-a11y.org
Mon Oct 22 11:11:53 BST 2018

Howdy List,

as nobody complaind about my idea to be the coordinator or team
"leader" of the plasma kde accessibility project, I see me confirmed
in this role now.

Whats current?
first of all my patch for making desktop icons accessible is applied
and backported to 5.12.x, 5.14.x and master.
https://phabricator.kde.org/D16309
so YAY!

I apply for an KDE developer account because i will provide more stuff
in near futur.
https://identity.kde.org/index.php?r=developerApplication/view&id=819
not sure whats needed here or if i will be confirmed (since i only
provide one patch yet). but for sure not my last ;). what brings me to
"whats next":
I started on T9878 "Default application starter menu is missing a11y Labels"
https://phabricator.kde.org/T9878
to make our 3 nice preinstalled menus accessible. The ranking of
working state:
1. "kicker" works best. only issue you cannot navigate to favorite
section (for testers i would recomment this!)
2. "dashboard" works well. 2 a11y lables are missing. but keyboard
navigation doesnt respect the "panel boarders"
3. "kickoff" - the default menu. doesnt work at all. only accessible
text is the search box.
I assume this to be fixed to end of the week.

if anyone is interested in help write code or documentation let me know. :).

for T7034 "Accessibility in KWin window switcher"
https://phabricator.kde.org/T7034
i try to take a look at but its currently to rought for me (whatever
on gnome or kde side). so i will ask how this works in gnome on orca
list, to get an idea how it works to give an idea how to fix it. on
gnome side it looks liek an special stylesheed is set what is
interpreted as "ATK_STATE_SELECTED".

cheers chrys