Status Update Week 50

chrys at linux-a11y.org chrys at linux-a11y.org
Tue Dec 11 09:43:43 GMT 2018

Howdy List,

sorry for beeing so silent for several weeks. Sadly i m currently
verry bussy cause by my job. I hope its getting better in new year.

Anyway, here some status update :).

We got some attention on F123 Blog. See here:
https://f123.org/en/archives/6009

I a full verification of Plasma Shell whats needed do make it
(hopefully) completly accessible. This work results in a lot of new
tasks i created what will be fixed in the upcomming months.
If those are fixed we should have an full accessible desktop.

Since phabricator is not very accessible i will add the list here
(maybe someone wants to help):

Here the list of tasks:

High (2)
     T10060 Network Plasmoid is not keyboard navigate able
     T10054 KWin Zoom Plugin: Task Switcher shown correctly

Needs Triage (19)
     T8804 Add an On Screen Keyboard to Plasma (for X11)
     T10097 Kicker: expose information "submenu" or "application"
     T10096 Kicker: expose number of childs for kicker start menu
     T10088 Application Menu (Kicker): Favorite section is not
focusable with tab
     T10064 Clipboard Plasmoid focus handling and keyboard navigation
     T10063 Vault Plasmoid is missing A11y labels and roles
     T10062 Clipboard Plasmoid is missing A11y lables and roles
     T10059 Bluetooth Plasmoid is not keyboard navigate able
     T10058 Printer Plasmoid is not keyboard navigate able
     T10057 Volume Plasmoid is not keyboard navigate able
     T10056 Tray Icons: Notification Area is not keyboard navigate able.
     T10055 KWin Zoom Plugin: Show Windows plugin doesnt work properly
     T10003 Promote accessibility improvements and outreach to a11y
     T8888 Integrate alternative input systems in Plasma
     T7038 System settings: keyboard navigation in the sidebar
     T7033 Improve NetworkManager applet navigation

Wishlist (1)
     T10067 KWin Zoom Plugin: Should work in fullscreen game windows as well