[Kde-accessibility] Features of KMag

Frederik Gladhorn frederik at gladhorn.de
Tue Jun 30 22:19:00 UTC 2015

Hello Renato,

On Tuesday 30. June 2015 18.39.28 Renato Resende Ribeiro de Oliveira wrote:
> Hi,
> I just joined the mailing list.
>
> Since the release of KDE 4 i wonder why the KMag feature of docking window
> mode (top, bottom, etc) was removed.

The porting from KDE 3 to 4 was quite a while ago and some features got lost
because the people doing the work were not using them or they were harder to
port and then forgotten. I am not much involved with KMag and it generally
sees little development, so if you want to look at the code that's more than
welcome.

> After opening feature request on bugzilla and posting on forums, i (and
> other users) received no information about this.
> Now i am thinking on the possibility to re-add this feature in the actual
> code of KMag by myself.

I think there is simply nobody working on KMag at the moment.
Please do work on the feature. If you find it's a feature you would use,
you'll have a great motivation to get it in :)
I'm happy to discuss your plans and help if you get stuck.

> I would like to know if anything has been discussed about this here or if
> any KMag active developer has interest in this feature implementation (or
> just have any note or information regarding this subject).

I don't recall much discussion related to KMag lately.

Cheers,
Frederik