[Kde-accessibility] Features of KMag

Renato Resende Ribeiro de Oliveira renatorro at comp.ufla.br
Wed Jul 1 00:40:47 UTC 2015

Hi Frederik,
I was looking at the code and the commit was on October 2014.
I already cloned the repository as readonly and looking some diffs on the
code between KDE 3.5 and KDE 4.0 branches.

As Christoph said, it looks like they removed some methods in some point
there, but i saw no clear reason for it.

I have low vision and uses the KMag as screen magnifier in the top edge
mode.
Since the KDE 3.5 was being deprecated in Unix distributions. i start to
swap between then using only the ones that still provides KDE 3 in their
repositories.
After a while of course all of then stopped using KDE 3.
I ended up using openSUSE, that uses KDE 4 but provides all KDE 3 libs and
the old kaccessibility package.
But now, the KMag has some new features that interest me a lot, like the
follow keyboard focus feature.
So i was thinking in doing this development since a couple of years.

I will do some tests on the KMag latest code to try to enable the edge mode
again on 4.14 version.

If you all could help me, i have 2 questions that can help me with this:
- The QAccessibilityClient is an opensource project? If so, where can i get
it's code to build and make it available to KMag for enabling keyboard
focus tracking?
- The other question is more technical, there is something equivalent to
kdockwidget.h of kdelibs3 in kdelibs4?

Thanks a lot for the answers.
Regards

--
*Renato Resende Ribeiro de Oliveira*
CTO - ProGolden Soluções Tecnológicas

Skype: renatorro.comp.ufla.br
ICQ: 669012672
Phone: +55 (31) 9823-9631

Conheça o PrêmioIdeia - Inovação Colaborativa na sua empresa!
http://www.premioideia.com/