[Kde-accessibility] Accessibility kcm and screen reader

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Wed Feb 11 23:30:06 UTC 2015

Just a quick note, maybe someone is interested.
I started cleaning up the Plasma Next Accessibility control center module.
That means that sticky keys and slow keys will hopefully work again in Plasma
Next, as soon as the patch is in, meaning Plasma 5.3.
I still consider the UI of the whole control center module quite confusing and
in bad need of clean up. The functionallity is actually quite nice. I wonder
about the system bell still - using the normal notifications should be enough,
they are crazy flexible anyway, to the point that they allow to run a program
that produces sound on the pc speaker, if someone really wants that.

I also put up a patch for review to add a screen reader check box and "meta-
alt-s" as default shortcut to launch Orca.
I hope that will enable more people to test KDE accessibility.

Cheers,
Frederik