[Kde-accessibility] question about debugging QT AT-SPI support

Mike Gorse mgorse at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Sep 23 04:13:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to run yast, the configuration tool used by SUSE. When I use
the qt5 back end, I get accessibility via AT-SPI when it is run as my
normal user but not when run as root. I'm trying to figure out why the
bridge doesn't seem to work / be enabled when running as root. One of my
problems was that DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS was not being set in my
session, but it still does not work even after I check that it is set. Is
there a good way to debug it / a good place to start? I tried adding lines
into dbusconnection.cpp to write text to qDebug(), hoping that it would
result in my seeing the text on stdout or stderr, but it seems to have no
effect even if I don't run yast as root and the bridge is working
normally. Perhaps there's some initialization that I need to do--I'm
really not familiar with the code. :(

THanks,
-Mike