[Kde-accessibility] experimental idea with colour fonts (demo scripts)

hkujk ipjmo okgomdjgbmoij at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:12:22 UTC 2014

oh dear, my old kate highlights still works after all....

Why i got confused about it?

you can get it from here, nice screenshot also available

http://kde-files.org/content/show.php/Colors+alphabet?content=140780

depending on your system, you need to save it in

~/.kde/share/apps/katepart/syntax

or

~/.kde4/share/apps/katepart/syntax/

restart kate

open some text

Tools > highlighting > other > colors alphabet

dada...

that was the default

easy configuration

Settings > configure kate > fonts and colors > highlighting text styles

make sure you are on "other/colors alphabet"

edit it to your liking

On Monday 22 September 2014 13:16:47 michel wrote:

> theirs a static mirror of grease monkey user scripts, and i found my
script

> http://www.webextender.net/scripts/show/96470.html

> My script works in latest Firefox.

> Warning, it's slow!!!! No, it hasn't crashed, just wait

> The default uses an image alphabet(a=apple, b=bouncing ball etc...), need

> download the pictures. It's just a demonstration, i just grabbed some

> pictures from photobucket, i didn't do any attempt to be efficient.

> In the scrip, you can define pictures or colours. By default it uses the

> urls of the pictures if given, other wise it just uses the definition of

> the colours.

> from the greasemonkey script, you can see what i have in mind.

> katepart highlight from Heiko

> > > i somehow made a little kate script ... that is now broken. (i made
some

> > > blurred and normal screen shots, to demonstrate that you can decipher

> > > the

> > > letters if you know the colour code used, despite been impossible to
see

> > > their shapes)

> > I like those ideas, in particular when they can get tested easily.

> > Katepart

> > (that means the following works in Kate and KWrite etc.) has an
elaborated

> > highlighting [1], which is easy to modify. (This is my first attempt to

> > create a syntax highlighting file; for sure there is much room for

> > improvement.)

> > 1. Download the highlight definitions from http://pastebin.com/GzkH7AJb

> > 2. Place it at ~/.kde4/share/apps/katepart/syntax/ (create the syntax

> > folder if it doesn't exists) under the name coloredtext.xml

> > 3. (Re)start Kate, go to Extra > Highlighting > Markup and select
"Colored

> > Text"

> > 4. Download the color scheme from http://pastebin.com/GsVSw3JY and save
it

> > anywhere under the name coloredtext.katehlcolor

> > 5. In Kate/KWrite go to Settings > Fonts & Colors, tab "Styles for

> > highlighting", find Markup/Colored Text at the dropdown (if not
selected)

> > and load the color definition via "Import" from the downloaded file

> > Now every letter gets its own color. And you can modify the scheme as
you