[Kde-accessibility] Simon

Steve Cookson it at sca-uk.com
Sat May 17 17:03:23 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

Well I'd love to see dictation in Simon.  Is it really only the lack of
a speech corpus that makes it not so?

There is a very active Brazilian group at Coruja which I believe is
linked to the FalaBrasil group at
http://www.laps.ufpa.br/falabrasil/simonbr.php.  As far as European
Portuguese is concerned, I'm not aware of similar groups.

Do these groups not have the required vocab?

I guess from your reply, that it's not available in English or German
either.

For our command and control we only use about 5 commands and we have
sampled these independently.  Amazingly they even work when I use them
in my strong British accent.

In the future we would like to add a list of medical words, but in the
meantime we'll use some form of pointers, eg popups controlled
alphabetically.

Good luck,

Regards

Steve.