[Kde-accessibility] [kde-guidelines] List view

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Sun Jun 9 19:28:52 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

On 06/09/2013 05:34 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Thank you for the reply!
> I was wondering if maybe the a11y team has some experience with users
> trying to actually use multiselect in a listbox with a virtual
> keyboard and can tell us how much of a problem it is in reality.
> It feels like a bad thing to do to me, but of course we'd like to
> base our HIG on facts, not feelings ;)

I understand.

Sadly I can't tell you about any concrete user experiences for
multi-select lists but even if no-one else replies with any 1st hand
accounts, this is one of the very few cases where I'd think that there
is not that much to learn.

Pressing and holding a button is such a basic task that any user relying
on assistive technologies will likely have a way to do that (be that
sticky keys on a physical keyboard, an on-screen keyboard or something
else entirely).
Beyond that, I'd imagine we're not talking about accessibility but
usability (even if it may be the usability of an on-screen keyboard)
which is a topic you guys are certainly more qualified to talk about
than me.

In any case, thanks for thinking about possible a11y implications of the
HIG, it's hugely appreciated.

Best regards,
Peter