[Kde-accessibility] Simon: Announcing the new team

Peter Grasch peter at grasch.net
Sat Jul 27 21:12:02 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

first of all I want to thank everybody that has gotten involved in Simon
development in the last couple of weeks. People like you make open
source projects possible!

As you probably all know, sourcing contributers was also a major goal of
the development of the dictation prototype. As a follow up blog story, I
would like to post an overview of what I hope will become the new Simon
team, including their interest and what area they will work on (based on
the information from the introductory meeting or whatever information
you provide me now).

The following would be a tentative list - based solely on the two
meetings (If you want to become an active part of the Simon community
but for some reason couldn't make it to the first two meetings please
just tell me and I'll add your name to the list. Of course if you feel
that you shouldn't be on the list for some reason, please tell me so as
well):
(alphabetically sorted)
* Nicolás A.
* Sven B.
* Mario F.
* David G.
* Jon L.
* Adam N.
* Abinash P.
* Simon

The idea behind this blog post is to let the public know that while the
initial flood of PR is over, the work won't stop with the initial
prototype. To show, that there are now people working on this and
working together towards more than just a demo.

Personally, I think this is an important message.
However, I understand that some people are wary of having information
about them published online and rightly so. To make sure that I'm not
violating someones privacy, I need you all to send me an email (private,
if you want) to tell me if you're alright with me using a.) your full
name, b.) the slightly anonymized version above  or c.) you want to
remain completely unnamed. If you don't get in touch with me regarding
this until next Friday (2013-08-02), I will assume option c, meaning
that you will not be mentioned (sorry for the hassle but it's the only
way I can assure to not publish something that cannot be taken back).

Thanks.

Best regards,
Peter