[Kde-accessibility] upstreaming some fedora distro patches for simon

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Aug 10 19:00:03 UTC 2013

Hi, just checked out simon from git, saw branches:
master
remotes/origin/0.5
remotes/origin/0.4

So, first off, if I were to make reviewboard requests, should I make them
against master?  0.5?

For obvious/simple fixes, what's the prefered workflow?  commit to some
stable branch and merge forward, or commit+cherry-pick ?

Here's what I'm looking to get upstream first,

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/simon.git/tree/simon-0.4.0-LIB_SUFFIX.patch
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/simon.git/tree/simon-0.4.0-libeventsimulation_soname.patch
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/simon.git/tree/simon-0.4.0-speechmodelcompilation-kconfig.patch

and to get simond/default.jconf fixed (or removed).  The commented headers
of this file says "All rights reserved", so is not compliant with kde
licensing policy and not redistributable.

-- rex