[Kde-accessibility] Forvo - Useful for acoustic modeling?

Peter Grasch peter at grasch.net
Sun Aug 4 19:25:33 UTC 2013

On 08/03/2013 02:46 PM, Simon Eichhammer wrote:
> I just scanned my bookmarks and found "Forvo".
> [...]
> This could be useful for acoustic modeling.
In my opinion: No, these recordings are not particularly useful for
acoustic model training as such.

The recognition situation needs to mirror the training data as closely
as possible - everything else is largely contra productive.

They may be useful for dialect classification later on - something we're
not doing yet (and shouldn't be concerning ourselves with at this point).

Best regards,
Peter