[Kde-accessibility] Programmatic control of Simon

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Fri Sep 28 09:35:07 UTC 2012

Hi Steve,

On Thu, 2012-09-27 at 08:44 -0300, Steve Cookson wrote:
> The only occassional issue is that maybe simon is not in the state we think
> it is, eg after a crash or user intervention.  Is there any way I can
> determine if simon is Active or not?  Otherwise I deactivate it when I want
> it active or activate it when it should be deactivated.
Well, for the crash situation it would be best not to relinquish the
control over the started executable.

Running simon synchronously in a separate thread, for example.

For the activation: There is setActivation as alternative for
toggleActivation. This method allows you to override the current state.

Best regards,
Peter