[Kde-accessibility] Simon and Microphones.

Steve Cookson steve.cookson at sca-uk.com
Wed Sep 19 20:29:41 UTC 2012

Hi All Simon Users,

We are about to start a pilot in the next two weeks in a large teaching
hospital.

I'd love to hear your recommendations for remote mics.

We like the sort of mics studios pin on their guests before they go onto
chats shows, but mega cheap - like consumer electronics prices.

What ideas do you have?  At the moment we are proposing to use a bluetooth
headset that can be pinned to a lapel.  It's OK, but the battery life is
about two hours.  Ideally, it would be:

- Bluetooth,

- Changeable battery so we can have 8 hours worth of battery on standby.

- Microphone only (don't need earpiece).

- Have a clip for mounting on the doctor

- Light-weight so clothing is not distorted.

It could also be heavier and belt-mounted, if the mic was on a wire like a
cell phone's and then be attached to your shirt or tie.

All ideas welcome.

Regards

Steve