[Kde-accessibility] Simon 0.3 and (K)ubuntu 12.04

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Tue Sep 18 06:50:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

Am Montag, den 17.09.2012, 21:33 -0300 schrieb Steve Cookson:
> 1)  Error - simon
> Connection error:
> Connection refused.
>
> 2) Error - ksimmond
> simond crashed. (Status: 1)
>
> 3) Error Message: Connection lost to Simon
>
> These 3 all occur at the same time, So 1 and 3 are probably caused by 2.
Yes, definitely.

Could you please disable the automatic start of simond within Simon
(Settings > Configure Simon > Recognition > Start / stop server with
simon (I think the name is slightly different in 0.3)) and start a
separate simond instance in a terminal through gdb?:
$ gdb simond
$ gdb> run
Then connect with simon and simond should crash again. Because of gdb,
you won't see any error message yet, but the server connection should
just "hang".
Switch back to the gdb shell and enter:
$ gdb> thread apply all bt

Please then open up a new bug on bugs.kde.org and attach the full log
from that terminal (including the full simond output leading up to that
point).

(You can then exit gdb with the "quit" command)

> 4) We'll report a bug for sam as you request.
Thank you.

> The install was standard up to, I think 10.4, and then from 10.10 onwards we
> always had to teak it.  This is the process we use for installing simon.
> Could you please confirm that it is correct, please?  Or any suggestions for
> improving it.
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:simon-listens/releases
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install simon
Yes, that is correct.

Best regards,