[Kde-accessibility] simon development

Peter Grasch grasch at simon-listens.org
Sun Mar 25 08:33:30 UTC 2012

Am Sonntag, 25. März 2012, 09:25:59 schrieb Mahesh Hegde:
> *this predator is very generic,in this site itself we can see his(autor)
> face is also recognised,from set of photos when he shows in front of
> cam.one more important fact is we have parameter to vary confidence of
> recognition.*
True.

Looking at the source, OpenTLD is based on Matlab which is of course a closed
source, commercial application. A single commercial license starts at € 2000
for the base package (Austria). For that reason: While certainly impressive, I
don't think OpenTLD can be considered an option.

> *regarding depth recognition:this algorithm also provides scaling
> information about object(in our case its face).once we know initial
> position from cam,then on we can use transformation concepts to determine
> distance from cam.even though its very hard to determine depth exactly
> because we need stereo information like we need two cameras and it needs
> lot of time may be reseach,we get crude aproximation about depth which
> definately improve acoustic model.*
Distance calculations would be done using a different approach and are not part
of this project.

Best regards,
Peter