[Kde-accessibility] Simon Workspace integration

Fábio Araújo fabio.araujo at itec.ufpa.br
Tue Mar 6 13:33:56 UTC 2012

Hi,
My name is Fábio, i'm student of computer engineering and a member of
the group FalaBrasil, a project that was initiated in 2009 and if maintained
by members of the Signal Processing Laboratory at Federal University of
Pará(LaPS). We aim develop and deploy resources and sofwares for Brazilian
Portuguese speech processing. One example of our work is the software called
SimonBR, a program that let you control the browser FIrefox, the keyboard, the
mouse and many OS commands by the voice. For more infomation about our
project: http://www.laps.ufpa.br/falabrasil/index_en.php or you can found some
posts related with the group in http://www.simon-listens.org/ .
Currently, i
intend to work with the Simon's Group to the development of the the project
"Simon Workspace integration" using the protocol AT-API (version 2) and QT
bridge to extend the given prototype to a fully functional system. It would be
great to work with the simon's group and improve my knowledge about AT-SPI,
QT, etc.

Best Regards,

Fábio Araújo
--

Engenharia da
Computação

Laboratório de Processamento de Sinais - LaPS

Universidade
Federal do Pará - UFPA