[Kde-accessibility] Status update: Qt AT-SPI

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at nokia.com
Tue Jan 3 18:24:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

just a quick update from my side:
Qt 4.8.0 has been released which includes tons of accessibility fixes.
In fact it's the first release that I would recommend to test on Linux.

In addition to Qt  you need the qt-at-spi bridge from http://gitorious.org/qt-
at-spi
Just grab the master branch (and bug me to make a proper release).

I belive the state of both Qt and the bridge to be now good enough to be used.
Feedback from users is appreciated now.

You should simply use the usual Gnome accessibility tools such as Orca and try
Qt and KDE applications.

Bugs, especially crashes, go into http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com .

Cheers
Frederik

PS: known issues:
still requires "QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1" environment variable to be set
no accessibility for either GraphicsView or QML/QtQuick
trees not fully working
multi line text seems a bit broken on my machine at the moment

PPS: we finally landed the first accessibility patch in QML, so for Qt 5 the
future looks bright.