[Kde-accessibility] ANNOUNCE: AT-SPI 2.3.90 released

Mike Gorse mgorse at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Feb 20 23:45:51 UTC 2012

AT-SPI 2.3.90 is now available for download at:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-core/2.3/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-atk/2.3/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/pyatspi/2.3/ [latest is pyatspi 2.3.5]

What is AT-SPI2
===============

AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus
protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility
information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus
protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made
accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in C and a wrapper
for Python.

What's changed in AT-SPI 2.3.90

* [core] At-spi-bus-launcher now emits PropertiesChanged signals from the
   correct interface.

* [cire] If a keystroke listener does not respond, disable it until it
   responds.  This prevents the desktop from locking up if an AT hangs or is
   suspended and has a keyboard listener registered.

* [core] Fix a warning when a NULL object is returned as the detail of an
   event.

* [atk] Have GrabFocus return a bool, per the spec, rather than a uint32.

* [atk] Fix a potential crash when emitting a signal if the ATK implementor
   misbehaves.

Where can I get more information about AT-SPI2

The project wiki is available at:

http://www.a11y.org/d-bus

How can I contribute to AT-SPI2?

We need help testing with Gnome accessibility technologies, improving
performance, and generally tying up loose ends.  The above-referenced page
contains a list of known issues that should be fixed.

IRC   : #a11y on Gimpnet
E-Mail: accessibility-atspi at lists.linux-foundation.org

Development repositories can be found at:

git://git.gnome.org/pyatspi2
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-core
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-atk