[Kde-accessibility] Accessible text entry in QT applications

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Thu Aug 9 14:05:50 UTC 2012

Hi Alex,

I just fixed some more really bad issues in the Kate editor part (proper text
functions to get individual lines). The fixes will be in KDE 4.9.1 - due in
about one month. I also stumbled over one issue in qt-at-spi where I sent the
wrong keyboard symbol strings. (The Gnome stack/Orca relies on receiving
random strings such as "Up" when moving the cursor up ...)

Onsdag 8. august 2012 13.50.59 skrev Alex Midence:
> Hi, Frederik,
>
> You made reference to KDE 4.9.  Is this the version in Ubuntu Precise?

I just committed the fix yesterday. It's not in any distribution. You can try
to use Project Neon if you want to test with Ubuntu. I don't know much about
it and have never tried it myself.

http://dot.kde.org/2012/07/24/introducing-project-neon-kvm

>  If not, is there a ppa that would have it so I don't have to start
> completely from scratch on the install?  I do not think Ubuntu 12.10's
> alpha environment is accessible at login the way 12.04 was since they
> have discarded Unity 2d.

Yes, I have no idea how the state is to be honest. I guess it's no problem to
build things on 12.04, but for packages you probably need 12.10.

Greetings
Frederik