[Kde-accessibility] A possible bug in QT At-spi bridge the tree role handling

Frederik Gladhorn frederik at gladhorn.de
Mon Apr 9 16:35:47 UTC 2012

On 04/09/2012 05:23 PM, Hammer Attila wrote:
> Hy Frederik,
>
> This is a good news. Tomorrow I welcome look the master version.
> Have special instructions to compile master version of qt-at-spi bridge?

git clone git://gitorious.org/qt-at-spi/qt-at-spi.git
cd qt-at-spi
qmake
make
sudo make install

It installs only one file into your Qt prefix.
You can simply re-install the qt-at-spi package to undo this.

> Need give for example different prefix, or the default /usr/local
> prefix is good?
Not applicable.
> What other fixes are awailable the master branch with need testing?
When accessibility is not enabled, it doesn't send key presses anymore.
And mostly small stuff that shouldn't make a noticeable difference.

> For example, the braille display presenting the typed characters when
> typing is happening? I see in Ubuntu One control panel if I typed my
> e-mail address in the login screen, braille display not presenting my
> typed characters, and if I press backspace key, Orca doesn't spokening
> the deleted characters.
Right. This used to work. I'm not sure what changed in the keyboard
handling, but I also have the bug here.

Cheers
Frederik