[Kde-accessibility] minor patch for simon

Peter Grasch grasch at simon-listens.org
Wed Apr 4 10:47:27 UTC 2012

Hi Mahesh,

Am Mittwoch, 4. April 2012, 01:48:11 schrieb Mahesh Hegde:
> It has no functionality as of now,My project plan flow is as below
> I realized that face recognition plugin should appear in combobox of
> context,and should be placed in condition directory.
Yep.

> Brief about UI interface:
> Camera selection button to select camera source.
> Check Camera to start detecting face.
> Detected face is to list out detected unknown faces to be tagged.
> In case recognition system is not confident enough in recognition,these
> photos are also included in detected face panel and lateron will be used by
> recognition system to build face recognition model based on training.
> known people panel is to show recognised/tagged people.
As the context recognition will be a plugin there will likely be multiple
concurrent instances running at the same time. As this will likely be a
problem anyway (multiple accesses to the same webcam are afaik not possible),
we'd need some kind of library behind the actual plugin.

This library could also include a general webcam KCM (for all of Simon). IMHO
that's the right place to adjust brightness and provide an accuracy threshold.

What do you think?

> Regarding scenario wether all of scenerios should be included?or should i
> consider flexibility to choose selected scenerios?in latter case only
> sample group related to selected scenario is sent to simond.
Context for scenario activation / deactivation is a property of the affected
scenario. So you don't have any control about that (and don't need to worry
about it).

The context plugins only job is to reply true / false - everything else is
handeled by the general context architecture.

Best regards,
Peter