[Kde-accessibility] minor patch for simon

Peter Grasch grasch at simon-listens.org
Sun Apr 1 08:38:33 UTC 2012

Am Samstag, 31. März 2012, 18:08:21 schrieb Mahesh Hegde:
> I could add button saying cameracalibration to contextmenu,pressing on
> which detects the faces in image located at directory data of contextmenu.
> patch can be found here:http://goo.gl/oqw62
>

> after 20 seconds it closes,still need to work on initial crash problem.

Hi Mahesh,

While your patch does basically work, I'm not entirely sure what you are
trying to accomplish.

You added the functionally straight to the main context ui and therefore
basically hardcoded the dependency to opencv. In an earlier mail I suggested
to put this into a context plugin - in part to avoid the hard dependency. You
never answered that mail or even explained why you seem to think that
hardcoding it is the way to go when submitting the patch.

If you are trying to show me that you can find your way around a (rather) large
codebase: Yes you found the context ui on your own which kind off earns you
some bonus points.
But if you'd have asked I'd have told you that I think that's the wrong place
to put it. Also, you seem to have copy & pasted the opencv detection code for
cmake from libkface and failed to give proper attribution.

So I guess that it's just a functional "mockup" - a way of showing off the face
detection.

But then again: Why such a simple example? Even the wiki article on face
detection with opencv on willowgarage (the first hit when googling "opencv face
detection") has a finished example with live webcam input.

So yes, it works. But what exactly am I looking at?

Best regards,
Peter