[Kde-accessibility] installing Jovie

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 21:36:52 UTC 2011

Jan,

Yes, Jovie should be part of kdeaccessibility package.  It's possible
the person who made the kdeaccessibility package for slackware didn't
have speech-dispatcher which Jovie depends on, so maybe they left
Jovie out of the package.

If you want you can build it yourself from source following
instructions found here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE_Applications  Just
substitute jovie for blinken in the steps there.  You will probably
need a package of speech-dispatcher headers (called speechd-dev or
speechd-devel on most distros), but then it should work fine.

BR,
Jeremy